Wednesday, January 23, 2008

Lose 3 lbs on the Starbuck's pumpkin loaf diet!

Last Wednesday Jennifer and I went to see The Debaters (awesome movie!) Before entering the theater, as per tradition, we stopped at Starbucks. I purchased a grande latte and a slice of pumpkin loaf. Throughout the movie I took my time snacking on my loaf - I kindly offer some to Jenny but she turns me down (lucky HER!) By the end of the movie the loaf is gone... and I'm starting to feel a little... well... funny. I went straight home hoping to get right to bed and sleep off whatever was happening - if only it was that easy.

From 10:30pm until 5:30am, I was sicker than I have been in many years (since I had food poisoning in 97'). It was so bad that at one point I texted Darren from the floor in our bedroom asking him to bring me a blanket because I literally could not stand up to get into bed and had to stay on the floor! Poor me! My wonderful husband kept his phone handy and slept downstairs, ready to get me anything I needed. I slept from 3:30 to 4:00 am and that was about it. I guess you are getting the picture.

I thought I'd be fine the next day but I still couldn't really get out of bed or stand up. There was no way I could care for Noah so Darren canceled his work meetings and stayed home. It continued through Friday! Just overall malaise and queasiness. Yuck.

I'm happy to say that I am all better now and eating normal, and have most likely put those 3-4 pounds back on. I called Starbucks to let them know, though they didn't seem super interested. Oh well, I hope no one else got whatever I got!

1 comment:

Kellyry said...

Are you now ruined for Starbuck's pumpkin loaf? I find I can't stomach an item after I've thrown it up, even if it wasn't the cause of the sickness.