Saturday, October 29, 2011

My year without Facebook

One year ago - on November 1, 2010 - I deactivated my Facebook account.

You can read about it here.

I can say that I am still so happy I made that decision! When I go to Superfranks or the park, I look around and see that almost every parent "present" is on their iPhone. That used to be me. Now, I am totally *mostly* present with my kids as they play, instead of just surfing Facebook to kill time.

One of the reasons I got off of Facebook was because it was such a time-suck for me. Honestly, sometimes I don't like my iPhone (don't tell my Apple-Addict husband!). Don't get me wrong, I LOVE it as a phone, map, camera, traffic checker, kid-entertainer, etc. etc. But I don't like how much I use it, still, even after getting off of Facebook. I am on it way less, but still. Sometimes I long for my tiny, boring Nokia days.

That doesn't mean I'm going make a trade though.

Because I would I never again be able to capture this picture of Noah wearing Faith's costume from when she was not even two yet, combined with bony legs.



**full disclosure** I do sneak on to Darren's or Jennifer's FB every now and then to look at pics :)

No comments: